Upon booking with Smiley Sports, the following Terms and Conditions and camp policies, define the agreement between us, let you know what to expect from Smiley Sports holiday camps and what we expect from you.
Any questions regarding the following terms and Conditions, please email us on: email@example.com.
Smiley Sports Terms and Conditions:
1. Bookings: Your child must have pre booked onto the camp in order to be able have a place at the camp on the days you require. Bookings can be made online via the website, through telephone or through email.
2. Payments: Payments made online must be made once an invoice has been sent over to you. Online payments must be made at least 24 hours before the the day you require at camp. If you are paying cash this must be made on drop off at the camp. If you do not have any form of payment made when registering into the camp your child will not be allowed to sign into camp.
3.Changing your booking: When changing your booking at the camp this must be done through email or telephone. You must provide at least 24 hours notice. Failure to do so will mean you cannot change the date of your booking.
4.Cancellations: Cancellations must be made at least 48 hour prior to the date you have booked for a full refund. Any cancellations made after this period will mean you are owed the day in credit for future holiday dates.
5.Non showers: If you have booked onto the camp, haven’t paid and do not show up with no prior warning, this will be noted down on a two strike policy. In the events of this happening twice we will not be able to book your children onto the camp again. You can inform us of any changes to your booking through telephone or email.
6.Late pick up: If you have paid for a five hour slot and your child stays any longer than this five hour period, you will immediately be billed for a full day on pick up. All children MUST be collected by 18:00pm. In the events of your children being picked up past our closing time 18:00pm you will be charged a late pick up fee of £5 per child and an extra £5 every fifteen minutes after 18:00pm per child.
7.Opening times: The camp is open from 8:00am- 18:00pm. The doors will be opened no earlier than 8:00am for registration due to insurance purposes. Any pick ups later than 18:00 will result in a charge which is mentions above.
8. Your child’s information: It is the responsibility of the person making the booking to ensure all of the details provided are accurate, in particular full information about each child, including medical and the special educational needs, and emergency contact information. If we do not have all of this information before camp starts, your children will not be allowed on camp.
9.Personal belongings: At Smiley Sports we allow the children to bring games and technology to the camp to use during breaks and registration. Smiley Sports does not take any liability for any lost, stolen or damaged belongings. This includes any personal belongings brought to camp.
10. Illness and first aid: Smiley Sports requires that all children who are ill or infectious to be kept at home for the full duration of their ailment, and for 48 hours after the last symptom occurs. Smiley Sports do not administer any medications unless it has been prescribes by a doctor or other health professionals. There is always a first aider on site at Smiley Sports which will deal with injuries.
11. Child exclusion: Smiley Sports has a responsibility for ensuring the well being and safety of all children in our care and have procedures for managing behaviour. The company follows a zero tolerance policy on discrimination, bullying and persistent poor behaviour of any kind, irrespective of any special needs. On rare occasions, and in more serious cases, we reserve the right to ask parents to remove children from camp for the remainder of the day or for the rest of the season. No refund will be made for any remaining days booked, and any costs associated with the exclusion will be the parents responsibility. We reserve the right to exclude a child at any time prior to or during a session due to illness. The parents/cared will be expected to come and collect their child.
12. Programme and activities: From time to time we may need to change venues, programme or activities for reasons outside of our control. Timetables displayed for camp are a guide and are subject to change. If you are booking individual days for specific activities, we cannot guarantee these activities will fall on those particular days.
13. Insurance: All children in our care are covered by our Public Liability insurance.
14. Photography: Each parent will be asked to sign a form for permission to take photography and filming at camp. We will not take any footage of children who’s parents have not granted any permission to do so.
15. Parent feedback/ Complaints: If you have any concerns or suggestions, please tell us, we value your feedback and use it to develop and improve our services. If you have any concerns regarding camp, this should be initially raised with your child’s camp manager or team leader. Then the relevant manager at the head office will be advised and will attempt to resolve the issue to your satisfaction.
16. Data protection: In order to book with Smiley Sports we will need personal details about you and your children. We will treat it as confidential and keep it secure, complying with relevant U.K legalisation. We will use your email address and telephone number to contact you with information that relates to any bookings that you make and any information that we might need that relates to the welfare of your child. We would also like to use some of your details to tell you about our products and services. You may unsubscribe from this at any time.